Graduate Medical Education
Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - St. Joseph Campus is a 538-licensed bed community-based hospital affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin that is actively involved in the instruction of medical students, postgraduates, and continued education of our medical staff. It is through medical education that physicians can build on previously acquired knowledge or acquire new information that will enhance medical practice and patient management.
St. Joseph provides its residents with a broad-based education, one which enables them to remain current with medical technology and literature for as long as they practice medicine. The hospital offers one residency program for graduate medical students:
Each program is supervised by its director and administrative services are provided by the hospital’s Medical Education Office. As a member of the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc. (MCWAH), St. Joseph sponsors an integrated OB/GYN residency and a Family Medicine residency. Residents and fellows from various MCWAH programs and medical students from the Medical College of Wisconsin do many clinical rotations at St. Joseph Campus.
- Applications for residency will only be accepted through the Electronic Application Service (ERAS) at www.aamc.org/eras.
- Applications must be received prior to October 1st for consideration.
- Applications will only be considered complete when we have received through ERAS the following; A completed application form, three letters of recommendation, a brief personal statement, medical school transcripts, USMLE score(s), and Dean’s letters. Applications will not be reviewed until all of the necessary documentation listed above is received.
- Invitations to interview are sent out via e-mail at the beginning of November.
- Interviews are conducted beginning at the end of November and run through Mid-January with the weeks of the Christmas and New Year's holidays off.
- If you have any further questions, please email Tina Gladney, Medical Education Coordinator, or call 414-447-2195